The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• Guardians of the Galaxy (2D and 3D) — In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. Stars Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper. Rated PG-13.
• Get On Up — A chronicle of James Brown’s rise from extreme poverty to become one of the most influential musicians in history. Stars Chadwick Boseman, Nelsan Ellis, Dan Aykroyd. Rated PG-13.
• Lucy — A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic. Stars Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman. Rated R.
• Hercules (2D and 3D) — Having endured his legendary twelve labors, Hercules, the Greek demigod, has his life as a sword-for-hire tested when the King of Thrace and his daughter seek his aid in defeating a tyrannical warlord. Stars Dwayne Johnson, John Hurt, Ian McShane. Rated PG-13.
• Planes: Fire and Rescue — When Dusty learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he joins forces with fire and rescue helicopter Blade Ranger and his team, The Smokejumpers, to battle a massive wildfire. Voices of Dane Cook, Ed Harris, Julie Bowen. Rated. PG.
• The Purge: Anarchy — A couple are driving home to their kids when their car runs out of gas just as the Purge commences. Meanwhile, Leo goes out into the streets to get revenge on the man who killed his son, and a mother and daughter run from their home after assailants destroy it. The five people meet up as they attempt to survive the night in Los Angeles. Stars Frank Grillo, Carmen Ejogo. Rated R.
• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes — A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth’s dominant species. Stars Gary Oldman, Keri Russell. Rated PG-13.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• Heaven is for Real — A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son’s extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly, Thomas Haden Church. Rated PG.
• Edge of Tomorrow — An officer finds himself caught in a time loop in a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. Stars Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton. Rated PG-13.
• Godzilla — The world’s most famous monster is pitted against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston. Rated PG-13.
• Captain America: Winter Soldier — Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. Stars Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson. Rated PG-13.
• Rio 2 — It’s a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids after they’re hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets his father-in-law. Voices of Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway. Rated G.