The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at Movies Stadium 8, located in the Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville. For show times, call 918-335-3633.
• 300: Rise of an Empire (2D and 3D) — Greek general Themistokles leads the charge against invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemisia, vengeful commander of the Persian navy. Stars Sullivan Stapleton, Rodrigo Santoro. Rated R.
• Mr. Peabody and Sherman (2D and 3D) — The time-travelling adventures of an advanced canine and his adopted son, as they endeavor to fix a time rift they created. Voices of Ty Burrell, Stephen Colbert. Rated PG.
• Need for Speed (3D) — Fresh from prison, a street racer who was framed by a wealthy business associate joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins. Stars Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper. Rated PG-13. (Opens Thursday).
• Non-Stop — An air marshal springs into action during a transatlantic flight after receiving a series of text messages that put his fellow passengers at risk unless the airline transfers $150 million into an off-shore account. Stars Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore. Rated PG-13.
• Son of God — The life story of Jesus is told from his humble birth through his teachings, crucifixion and ultimate resurrection. Stars Diogo Morgado, Amber Rose Revah. Rated PG-13.
• Pompeii — A slave-turned-gladiator finds himself in a race against time to save his true love, who has been betrothed to a corrupt Roman Senator. As Mount Vesuvius erupts, he must fight to save his beloved as Pompeii crumbles around him. Stars Kit Harington, Emily Browning, Kiefer Sutherland. Rated PG-13.
• 3 Days to Kill — A dying Secret Service Agent trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter is offered an experimental drug that could save his life in exchange for one last assignment. Stars Kevin Costner, Hailee Steinfeld. Rated PG-13.
• The Lego Movie (2D and 3D) — An ordinary LEGO minifigure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil LEGO tyrant from gluing the universe together. Voices of Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks. Rated PG.
• RoboCop — In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) — a loving husband, father and good cop — is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer. Stars Joel Kinnaman, Douglas Urbanski. Rated PG-13.
• The Monuments Men — An unlikely World War II platoon are tasked to rescue art masterpieces from Nazi thieves and return them to their owners. Stars George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray. Rated PG-13.
The following movies will be playing Friday through Thursday at the Eastland Four discount movies. For show times, call 918-333-3222.
• The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug — The dwarves, along with Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey, continue their quest to reclaim Erebor, their homeland, from Smaug. Bilbo Baggins is in possession of a mysterious and magical ring. Stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman. Rated PG-13.
• August: Osage County — A look at the lives of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose paths have diverged until a family crisis brings them back to the Oklahoma house they grew up in, and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them. Stars Meryl Streep, Dermot Mulroney, Julia Roberts. Rated R.
• Thor: The Dark World — When Jane Foster is possessed by a great power, Thor must protect her from a new threat of old times: the Dark Elves. Stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman. Rated PG-13.
• Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 — Flint Lockwood now works at The Live Corp Company for his idol Chester V. But he’s forced to leave his post when he learns that his most infamous machine is still operational and is churning out menacing food-animal hybrids. Stars the voices of Bill Hader, Anna Faris. Rated PG.